Get help filing your State and Federal Taxes at the Decatur Public Library. Free electronic filing of state and federal tax forms for families with $50,000 or less in total income and individuals with $25,000 or less in total income.
Please note that times and dates of tax prep can vary due to bad weather, staff availability, and other unforeseen circumstances.
What to Bring with You:
- All W-2s, W2G, and 1099s (if any) for the year involved
- Social Security cards or Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers (ITINs) for all family members
- Valid photo ID for all family members
- Copies of previous year’s federal & state (2014) tax returns
- Proof of bank account number and routing number if you choose to direct deposit your tax refund
- Total paid for day care and necessary ID numbers
- Property tax bill
- Amount spent on college expenses
This free service is provided by Millikin University. The Decatur Public Library is only the host facility.
- Starting Tuesday, January 30th, 2018, repeats every week on Tuesday and Thursday until Sunday, April 15, 2018 @ 4:30 pm – 7:30 pm