DECATUR — The first wave of petitions from candidates hoping to be placed on the March 20 primary election ballot have been received, according to a news release from Macon County Clerk Steve Bean.
As of Monday afternoon, the following candidates had filed petitions:
Macon County Clerk
- Samantha Murray and Josh Tanner, Republicans
- Amy Rueff, Democrat
Macon County Sheriff’s Office
- Jon Butts and Tony Brown, Democrats
Macon County Treasurer
- Edward Yoder, Republican
- April Kostenski and Shavon Francis, Democrats
Macon County Board
- Kevin Meachum, Democrat for District 1
- Dustin Chapman, Republican for District 7
- Phillip Hogan, Republican for District 7
- Jerry Potts, Democrat for District 3
- Laura Zimmerman, Democrat for District 1
A lottery will be held at 3 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 5, to determine ballot order for the Republican candidates for county clerk and the Democratic candidates for sheriff and county treasurer.
Candidate filing is open until 5 p.m. Monday, Dec. 4. For more information, contact Bean at (217) 424-1305 or visit co.macon.il.us.