DECATUR - Closings and cancellations will be common Tuesday and Wednesday as Central Illinois deals with an intense winter storm.
The best advice is to call ahead to make sure your destination is going to be open. Check back throughout the day for information on closings and schedule changes.
Here is the latest closing information available as of 3:45 p.m. Tuesday:
- The Avon Theater is closed Tuesday. Call 422-8151 for updates on Wednesday.
- Internal Medicine Subspeciality Assoc. on 2 Memorial Drive, Suite 101, DMH Plaza West closed today at 3 p.m. and will remain closed Wednesday.
- Mueller Co. will close at 3 p.m. today and will remain closed until further notice.
- Hickory Point Mall is now closed due to inclement weather conditions and loss of power.
- All Busey Bank branches located in Livingston, Macon, McLean, Peoria, Shelby and Tazewell counties in Illinois will be closing today, Tuesday February 1, 2011 at 2:30. This includes branches in the towns of Bloomington-Normal, Decatur, Fairbury, LeRoy, Pekin, Peoria and Shelbyville.
- SIU School of Medicine is closing its operations for all facilities in Springfield, Quincy and Decatur on Wednesday, February 2, 2011. Clinic appointments are cancelled. Any activities scheduled in hospitals or surgical centers will occur unless notified by the hospital. The School of Medicine remains open today, Tuesday, February 1, though some employees are using personal time to leave early in ensure safe travel home. The School’s employees in Carbondale will follow Carbondale campus guidelines.
- The Decatur Macon County Opportunities Corp. (DMCOC) will be closing at 2 p.m. today and will remain closed Wednesday.
- Hickory Point Bank & Trust, fsb will be closing all branch locations at 2:00 p.m. today.
- Macon County offices and courts will be closed Wednesday.
- Okaw Valley Boys Conference basketball tournament at St. Teresa for tonight has been canceled.
- The City of Mattoon council meeting for tonight has been canceled. The meeting will not be rescheduled, but matters on the agenda will be considered at the Feb. 15 meeting. City Hall and offices (and non-emergency personnel) will close at noon.
- University of Illinois Extension Macon County Office will be closing at 12:00 p.m. today and will also be closed on Wednesday, February 3, due to weather conditions.
- Macon County Conservation District: All conservation areas are closed in Macon County. For further information please call 217-423-7708 or 217 421-7493.
- One Voice Luncheon at Main Street Church canceled
- Macon County Animal Control & Care Center will close at 1 pm.
- The Macon County Courts Facility and Macon County office building will close at noon Tuesday.
- The Decatur Public Transit System plans to run during regularly scheduled hours and on normal routes during severe weather with a few exceptions:
#11 Martin Luther King Drive: The Meadowlark route will only run once per hour, leaving the Transit Center at 15 minutes past the hour. The bus that normally leaves the Transit Center at 45 minutes past the hour will not run.
#51 Jasper: The Park 101 route will only run once per hour, leaving the Transit Center at 15 minutes past the hour. The bus that normally leaves the Transit Center at 45 minutes past the hour will not run.
#61 Water: The Hickory Point Mall route will only run once per hour, leaving the Transit Center at 15 minutes past the hour. The bus that normally leaves the Transit Center at 45 minutes past the hour will not run.
The Downtown Trolley will not operate during the severe winter weather.
Buses and Operation Uplift vans will not operate on side streets until the streets are passable. We will try to keep the buses and the Operation Uplift vans on schedule as much as possible, but delays and missed connections should be expected. Bus riders should call dispatch at 424-2800 to check routes and schedules while Operation Uplift riders should call 424-2821 to check ride schedules.
- The Greater Decatur Chamber of Commerce office will be closed Tuesday. The Chamber's monthly business breakfast scheduled for Wednesday has been cancelled. Pre-purchased tickets can be refunded. Call 422-2200.
- Pilgrim Lutheran Church in Decatur has canceled all Wednesday activities.
- Family Eyecare, closed Wednesday.