History photos from the Herald & Review archives of the Illinois Traction system.
H&R file photo undated Illinois Traction system belt line work near Pythian Home
H&R file photo 2-22-1953 Conductor Everett (Red) Inman, is shown with Mrs. L.C. Orrison, Morton, whose ridden the line since it was built, at the start of the last run. The Bloomington Line was abandoned last night.
H&R file photo 1922 Illinois Traction buses
H&R file photo 1922 Illinois Traction bus transfer
H&R file photo 1922 Illinois traction cars
H&R file photo 1922 Illinois traction connections
H&R file photo undated Standard sub-station and depot building for Illinois Traction Systen at Emery Station.
H&R file photo 11-19-1911 Illinois Traction System freight house was located at 132-140 W. Cerro Gordo. Also mentioned Hamman Bros. Transfer & Storage
H&R file photo 2-22-1953 Starting Monday, mail between Decatur and Bloomington goes by truck. Handling some of the last Mail for Clinton and other towns north are Motorman O.L. (Fat) Roy, (in the car) and Baggageman Roy Augenstein.
H&R file photo 12=23=1931 Illinois Traction System station at 1065 N. Van Dyke. 2-17-1955 This is the Decatur ticket office of the Illinois Terminal Roalroad, 1065 N. Van Dyke St., ordered closed by the Illinois Commerce Commission.
H&R file photo 6-8-1906 Illinois Traction shops in Decatur
H&R file photo 1915 Illinois Terminal shops in Decatur
H&R file photo undated Illinois Traction System shops at 1800 E. Garfield Ave were pruchased by Parke Properties Inc. in Jan. 1956 for use as warehouse.
H&R file photo 11-27-1910 Illinois Traction Syatem Belt line corner and subway at Van DYke and Cerro Gordo.
H&R file photo 11-27-1910 This is the interior of the old interurban station, looking toward the waiting room and offices along the Wood Street side. The cars looped through the structure as they came south on South Main and went north up South Water. The building was remodeled into an interurban station in 1907. It was supposed to have been replaced by a more modern station on the same site.
H&R file photo undated This Illinois Traction station was located on the south side of the 100 block E. Wood St. This photo taken of the car barn at the rear of the station is looking east toward the old court house.
H&R file photo 11-27-1910 Illinois Traction System station at S. Water and Wood Streets in 1910.
H&R file photo 1926 Illinois Traction System store room
This photo series will feature history photos of trains and railroads from the Herald & Review archives.
Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.